Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Signs

So Kylene and I have been doing Baby Signs with Matty. Until recently he hasn't really shown any interest in the signs. He signs milk and sometimes bye bye. Well sometime last week, I decided that while we had him seated on the toilet I would ask him to give me a kiss, or an oh-wah as we call them. We call them that because that's the sound he makes when he puts his open mouth to your cheek. Anyway, he gave me a kiss and I immediately signed and said "Thank you. More" and leaned in for another kiss. He gave me that one too, so I repeated. After about 15 times, I took him off the toilet and got him dressed. That night at dinner he signed "More" for us. Perfectly.
Now he mainly does it when we're rough housing. So I bounce him on my knee and he squeals and laughs. When I stop, he signs "More". It's great.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That's terrific. He's already smarter than most of the kids I went to high school with. Enjoy the quiet time, my sister's two babble constantly. But very cutely!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home