Thursday, May 19, 2005

Seeing is Believing

Today was our first ultrasound (as you can tell from the pictures below) and our first meeting with our new doctor. Honestly I couldn't ask for a better doctor with a nicer bedside manner and friendlier staff.

It was amazing to see our baby for the first time. Its true that seeing really is believing. We watched in anticipation as the ultrasound started and after a few seconds our baby appeared on the screen. Dr. Knapp pointed out the head, heart (beating at 162 beats per min.), body including legs and arms. But the most amazing part was when we were able to see the baby move for the first time and listen to the heartbeat. I giggled with excitement and joy while Dave my wonderful husband started to tear up. All he could really say was "WOW, that's the most amazing thing I've ever seen". And I have to agree it really is. The giving of life is truly a miracle.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww!!! Look at little baby cleaver!!!!!!

Sounds like the ultrasound went great. I agree, there's nothing quite like seeing your baby for the very first time.

P.S. Ava's heart rate at 11 weeks was 164 :-)

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came home Friday to find that Meg had changed the desktop on our computer to that of our Godchild (or Godfetus, as we like to say). I confess that at first glance I thought I was looking at a crab (from space?), but Meg quickly pointed out the head, body, and feet. We're still trying to decide who the baby looks like more. Are those Dave's eyes we see? Kylene's nose? Can't wait to see the next ultrasound!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home