Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Gender Bender

An odd title I know, but I've been meaning to talk about this for a while now. For those who don't know at our first ultrasound the tech told us that she was fairly certain that we were having a girl. She certainly didn't see any parts to the contrary. Unlike the tech at our second ultrasound, who is very certain that we are having a boy. In neither case have Kylene and I seen anything that makes us feel certainty one way or the other.

But I'll tell you what, I don't think I care. I thought I did. I really thought that I wanted to know, but not knowing brings into perspective the important things. It's not about whether the baby is a boy or a girl. What's important is that our baby is healthy, and I can't wait to meet him or her.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As someone old enough to be from the pre-ultrasound days, I agree!!
When you hold that little one in your arms, you will marvel at how Nature brought just the perfect baby for you, out of the staggering number of genetic possibilies. And the fact that it's a girl or boy will be part of that perfection. I speak from personal experience on this one!

Love,
Mom C.

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home