Thursday, November 10, 2005

Birthing Classes

As most of you know Dave and I are planning to have our baby at Union Hospital in Elkton. We chose Union for the family atmosphere and wonderful doctors that had come highly recommended. Another reason we chose Union was the nurses and doctors are trained in natural childbirth and they don't push drugs.We started our birthing classes at the end of September. Luckily our teacher was Kristen Allen, the labor and delivery nurse I had met while working at Blue Iris Spa. Now I had heard Horror stories about some birthing classes, but to our surprise when class started Kristen put in Bill Cosby's "Natural Childbirth" sketch video. It loosened everyone up and made most people a little less nervous. But the funniest part about the classes was who was in them with us......Our doctor Dr. Knapp. Apparently his wife is due two weeks before me. It was quite amusing to have an appointment in the morning and have him say see you in class tonight. The class was wonderful. It covered everything from breathing techniques to newborn care. I think most of the class is hoping that Kristen is on duty when we all come in to have our babies...I know I am. All in all it was a wonderful experience and I would recommend the classes to anyone. Thanks again Kristen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home